Saturday, September 4, 2010

Volcano luge

After an hour drive in the back of a hybrid cattle truck, we arrived at the foot of Cerro Negro Volcano. There was a 45 minute hike ahead of us up about 700 m to the top of this sulfur seeping hill. Dragging behind us our makeshift Volcano luge boards, we took in some pretty epic views, while we ironed out some finer details of our potential wetsuit company.

As we suited up with our hell jailhouse outfits, our guide let us know 82km/h was the time to beat.

All psyched and ready to go, I hit the slope picking up a heap of speed from the get go. Half way down the volcano I was absolutely hooking, but noticing I was veering slightly to the left. Using my foot to correct, I massively over-compensated, completely losing control. Going into a heavy death roll, I flipped about 5 times, smacking my head hard on the side of the volcano. Thanks to my GoPro cam, I got the stack all on film.

With only a quarter of Volcano to go, I only managed to clock up 38km/h - still enough to beat Dougie’s time so I was stoked. With a mouth/nose/ears full of volcanic rubble, we headed back to Bigfoot for cheap mojitos and Tona Grandes. Keen to get on the loose, we hustled up some ladies from the hostel to join in and hit up one of the clubs. As we walked in, the floor was alive with chickas frolicking to spanish flavoured electro. We dominated the DF pretty hard - notable mentions go to Taylor with his 80’s inspired limb pumps. Learning from previous encounters with Israeli girls, I made an informed decision, introducing myself Jamie instead of Jamil. Worked out nicely.

Posted via email from PREMIUM JAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers